Don't deprecate TCPOnly please!

Jörg Weske joerg.weske at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 08:29:11 CET 2010

On 24.02.2010 23:49, Kevin Day wrote:
> Anyone on Comcast's "small business" service is forced to use an SMC
> cable modem/router. Its NAT implementation is capable of letting
> tinc's UDP tunnels work fine, but they limit a single UDP stream to
> 1mbps.

Oh great - I'm sure you are very happy with your ISP, then?

The same is actually true for a German cable network ISP: Kabel
Deutschland. They massively throttle UDP connections (depending on time
of day, transfer volume and possibly other criteria, like port numbers).
This makes running any kind of VPN with this ISP quite a pain.
Therefore, I tend to recommend _not_ using their so-called "services",
whenever possible.

--
Best regards,
Jörg Weske