Can I pass 802.1q (VLAN tagged) through a VPN Tinc in HUB/Switch mode?.

Donald Pearson donaldwhpearson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:16:36 CET 2010

You may also need to add

modprobe tun

to the top of your tinc-up.    I also found that I needed to add the default
route for the bridge interface.

here is my tinc-up, perhaps it may help you.   this is on Ubuntu

donald at DonaldTincVM:/etc/tinc/vpn$ cat tinc-up
#!/bin/sh

modprobe tun

ifconfig vpn 0.0.0.0
ifconfig vpn up
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig eth0 up

brctl addbr bridge
brctl addif bridge vpn
brctl addif bridge eth0

ifconfig bridge 192.168.2.11 netmask 255.255.0.0
route add default gw 192.168.2.1 bridge

ifconfig bridge up