Only reaching one machine at network

M.Farghaly m at farghaly.com
Sun Feb 7 23:26:40 CET 2010

Hi there,

I am using tinc since some monthes. I think the basic idea of
extending vpn to a mesh of systems via tun/tap is great. And I think
it is one of the useable developments compared to the much more
complex vpn solutions I had used in the past. Great work.

Setting up tinc I have fought with the configuration (and with the
concepts) for a while as I have found no example that covers my
special setup until I reached this fairly minimal config below.

The setup is as follows:
Home network is 10.10.0.x/24, Ubuntu Unix Server has internal IP
10.10.0.30, Gateway is 10.10.0.254
I have a dynamic ip on this network and a masquerading firewall router.

I am accessing home network via Ubuntu linux laptop via UMTS which
means dynamic IP-Address, normally also in the 10.x.y.z Range (can
this be a problem ?).