MINGW Help

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sat Dec 4 16:46:13 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 04:13:48PM +0100, Sabbiolina wrote:

> HI, Where can I find information to compile tinc with mingw under windows?

On all supported platforms, tinc itself can be simply compiled by running
./configure and make. However, the most difficult part in my experience is
compiling OpenSSL. There is no information for that on the wiki. You could try
it out yourself, ask the OpenSSL community for help, or try one of the
precompiled versions of OpenSSL.

In my opinion, the best way to compile tinc for Window is to cross-compile it
using MinGW on Linux. This is documented on the wiki:

http://tinc-vpn.org/examples/cross-compiling-windows-binary/