3 tinc nodes (2 behind nat and 1 with a public ip).

deep_eye deep_eye at gmx.at
Sat Dec 4 09:45:35 CET 2010

I have a similar constellation. 1 Master-Node and many "satellites" behind nat-routers.
The master-node have a public ip (with dyndns).
On all routers are "port-forward" enabled (every node has a unique port, so it's possible to have 2 nodes behind one nat-router).
We use the port-forward to have direct connections between the tinc-nodes. The node-addresses comes from the master (he is always reachable).

hosts-file master:
Address = <dyndns-name>
Port = 12345
Compression = 0
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

hosts-file satellite:
Port = 12346  (every new node, has a higher number: 12347, 12348)
Compression = 0
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

tinc.conf - satellite: