Implementing aggressive link setup

Michael Doering mdoering at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed Apr 21 11:26:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

I would like to use tinc in a scenario with a mobile client passing a
wireless accesspoint. A wireless link will be available for a time of
only a few seconds. Therefore the encrypted connection should be setup
as fast as possible. This means that both tinc-daemons should very
aggressively try to connect to each other, e.g. 4 times a second. (I am
aware that such a behavior wastes resources and is not desirable for
normal operation.)

Is such an aggressive link-setup possible with tinc? Can it be
configured? Or would I have to change the code? Is that feasible? Can
you point out the parts of the code the would require modification?

With kind regards,
Michael