Heroes III over tinc?

Mike Bentzen mike at goodlook.com.au
Thu Oct 30 20:56:43 CET 2008

Hi Viktors,

You can play anything with TINC. It acts as a real network.
I am guessing that Heros III is a game that requires a broadcasting or IPX.

If this is the case......
You will need to set TINC into "switch" mode so it also handles non IP
traffic.

The difference between Router mode and Switch mode is that switch mode
dynamically creates a routing table and maintains an ARP cache.
Switch mode supports unicast, multicast and broadcast packets. But be
warned, this will probably increase bandwidth somewhat, due to ARP
requests and routing table updates.

I only use switch mode because of the ability to broadcast.

To set up your VPN to support this, check out the Mode = key in the
documentation.

Kind Regards,

Mike