Routing and keying Questions

sich sich at cafe-philo.net
Sun Jul 6 16:37:25 CEST 2008

Frithjof Hammer a écrit :
> My Questions:
> * Is this (nodes can talk to eachother without having the crypto keys) the
> correct behavior?

Yep, each node contact the other to distribute the network information.
> * What can I do get my desired behavior (only nodes sharing the keys of
> eachother can talk) ?

You can build 2 different network. So there is no problem to share the keys.
Then on B you have 2 tincd daemon on 2 different port and 2 different
configuration. Then you start your 2 tincd with the network name like
tincd -n vpn1 and tincd -n vpn2.

The other way is to configure your firewall to only allow traffic that
you want.
> * sending a killall -USR2 tincd gets me a lot of nice debug stuff. Is there a
> documentation what is meant by the option value and the weight value?

I don't know this.
> * Is there a posibility to resolve the routing path through a tinc mesh?

Tinc only give you a virtual interface.... Is your job to resolve
routing or filtering issue.

> I don't want to setup two vpns because my scenario is more complex: It
> involves seven nodes and I want to define for each and everyone of them to
> which other nodes they may talk to.

Then work with static routing or configure your firewall if you don't
wan't to have multiple vpn daemon...