problems with routing via tinc

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Feb 24 12:19:19 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 04:33:50AM +0000, Graeme Tattersall wrote:

>                                     -IPV6 Uplink -- Ipv6 Site X
>                           TUNNEL --/
>                           /
>                        --/
>                HOST A  -----  INTERNET (ipv4)   ------------ HOST B
>                          \                                /
>                           \                              /
>                            -- TINC (ipv4/24 & ipv6/64) --
>
> My problem is that while Host A and B can talk to each other over the
> TINC vpn interface, using both v4 and v6 addressing.
>
> I am unable to access the ipv6 internet from Host B using the TINC link.

You should have added the following to the host config file of host A:

Subnet = 2000:0:0:0:0:0:0:0/3

If you already did, I need more information. Send your tinc.conf,
tinc-up and hosts/*. Also try to run tinc with the options -d5 -D, and
then try to ping a global IPv6 site from host B, and look at what tinc
is logging.