On Windows tinc-up.bat started too soon?

Hans Voss hans.voss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 20:49:52 CET 2008

I will experiment (starting monday) with minimizing the setting.

I started with a 'safe' guess of 10 seconds and, since everything on
windows seems slow, it didn't bother me to wait that long. ;-)

I'll let you know.
(Could be made into a configurable in tinc.conf (only on windows perhaps)).

On Feb 1, 2008 9:27 AM, Guus Sliepen <guus op tinc-vpn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 04:25:58PM +0100, Hans Voss wrote:
>
> > I have run into the problem on the windows machine that the
> > tinc-up.bat command/file is started too soon. I set-up additional
> > routes there and when I manually start the tinc daemon I get
> > complaints that the routes can not be created because the host (the
> > "other" tinc host) is not local on the network (i.e. the vpn is,
> > according to Windows, not up yet).
> >
> > Is this a known bug/feature?
> >
> > I have managed to make it work smoothly by first sleeping for 10
> > seconds in the tinc-up.bat script (sleep.exe from CygWin).
> >
> > Is this something that could be fixed in the next Tinc for Windows release?
>
> I'm not using Windows myself, so I don't get to test tinc a lot on that
> platform. I could build in a delay myself... but 10 seconds sounds like
> a lot to me. How far can you reduce it?
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
>      Guus Sliepen <guus op tinc-vpn.org>

--
----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards