Commercial Used

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Wed Jun 6 14:47:32 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 06:06:13PM +0530, Manish Gajbhiye wrote:

> Pls suggest can I use tinc for  commercial purpose. We have build some
> software and need to  incorporate with Tin .

Tinc is released under the GNU General Public License version 2 or
later. It does not prohibit commercial use. However, if you sell a
product that includes tinc, you must make the source code of tinc and
all the changes you made to it available on request. If tinc is not a
clearly separate part of your product, but if you want to merge tinc
with other software, or want to use parts of tinc in other software, you
are only allowed to do that if you also release the other software under
the terms of the GNU General Public License. Read more about it here:
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl.html