Automatic TINC configuration & launch (win)

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Nov 28 12:17:16 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 10:56:05PM +0100, EleGoS wrote:

> I've just recompiled all, starting from OpenSSL, then zlib and
> eventually LZO... before the program required cygwin1.dll, then after a
> general remaking it was all OK, no dlls required, but when I gave a copy
> to one of my friends, a lzo1.dll was required... So I tried several
> times remaking LZO, also tried LZO2, and now I'm hanging for a reply of
> my friend...

Ah, then you have to make sure tinc is linked against the static LZO
library instead of the .dll. You can either remove all LZO stuff, and
reinstall it with ./configure --disable-shared, and then recompile tinc,
or you can compile tinc statically: just ./configure; make as usual, and
then:

cd src
rm tincd.exe
make

Then copy&paste what that last make command printed, and add -static to
the end, and hit enter.