Automatic TINC configuration & launch (win)

EleGoS elegos at fastwebnet.it
Mon Nov 27 12:52:34 CET 2006

Guus Sliepen ha scritto:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 01:48:53PM +0100, EleGoS wrote:
>

>> I'm building a VB.NET application in order to setup the configuration
>> files of a net (and this is the really easy part of my project) via INI
>> file, but now I've got some problems...
>>
>> launching tincd -n [NET] -K I should insert some variables, and it is
>> impossible to auto-fill them.
>>

> Which variables do you want to automatically fill in?

exactly what the program asks (i.e. the file without C:, but I assume
that sources are up-to-date and no need to exclude C:)

>> So I've downloaded the source files and opened it. I found the part of
>> that code and modified it (simply no scanf, directly the same variable
>> suggested by the program),
>>

> Can you show me what you modifies exactly?

sure:

tinc-1.0.2/src/conf.c, line 444 and follow:

        fprintf(stdout, _("Please enter a file to save %s to [%s]: "),
                what, filename);
        fflush(stdout);

        fn = readline(stdin, NULL, NULL);

to simply:

        fn = filename

>> and then I tried to compile, but my Dev-CPP says that System.h is not
>> a file (in the header part), and the compiling ends there...
>>

> I don't know Dev-CPP. You should try compiling it by starting a MinGW
> shell and type:
>
> cd tinc-1.0.5
> ./configure
> make
>
> You might need to add extra options to ./configure for it to be able to
> find the OpenSSL, zlib and LZO libraries.

I haven't got a linux machine (my linux laptop was robbed some days ago :( )
Do you know a good compiler/linker for windows? Maybe GCC? But I don't
know the same procedure for OS windows (it's so easy in linux :P )

>> Another problem is device-related: I want to auto-rename the connection,
>> but I have no idea on how to do that (even DOS or VB.NET commands). I've
>> tried opening OemWin2k.inf, but no luck...
>>

> I have no idea how you should do that...

That's not a real problem, is really easy to tell a windows-user where
to search and edit (tutorial step-by-step) :P

Thanks