Tinc for gaming

Arjen Geerse rodebaron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 15:51:35 CET 2006

Hi,

I could not try this because I could not bridge my wireless NIC with the TAP
adapter. This turned out to be caused by my network card not being
promiscuous :P
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q302348&ID=KB;EN-US;Q302348&

Now i can succesfully bridge the cards. However once I add the tap adapter
to the bridge, i cannot ping my VPN ip. If I leave it out of the bridge i
can. Is this normal?

I have not asked my peers to connect to the vpn to see if this works when
the tap is part of the bridge. I will keep you posted.

In tinc.conf I use mode=switch, in some older documentation is saw
mode=bridge exists as well, is there any difference? And should my peers use
mode = switch as well?

Thanks again,

Arjen