bridging on debian stable endpoints.

mooshii mooshii at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 31 06:12:41 CEST 2006

Hello all:

I am trying to bridge two ethernet segments via tinc. Both endpoints
are debian stable machines.
Unfortunately the package available in stable is 1.0.3, which
according to:
http://brouwer.uvt.nl/pipermail/tinc/2006-January/001497.html
does not work using the switch or hub modes.

I looked at installing the unstable package, but it has dependencies
that are not available in stable, and I'd rather keep all the shared
libraries as stable.

The only other solution I thought of is to recompile 1.0.4 with
stable libraries. Is this possible, or does 1.0.4 need the newer/
added libraries?

Is there another way to vpn two ethernet segments on debian stable
machines?

Thanks,
Christian.