Routing problem on a Masquerading Firewall

Martijn Jacobs martijn at fourdigits.nl
Thu Oct 6 11:04:04 CEST 2005

Hello Eric, Guus.

> It could be your linux masq firewall, does A have a route for it?
> Because B's packets will look like they are coming from that.
>
> Eric

I've managed to make connections both ways now. I had to explicitly make
a route to the 192.168.1.x (or 192.168.x.x) network from workstation B.
Some magic occured on workstation A where there was already a route
available.

There is probably a way when this is not needed (making explicit
routes), like for 2 masq firewalls who are the gateway already, but it
works and that's the important part.

Thank you both for your time! I'm a happy VPN'er now :)

--
Martijn Jacobs
Four Digits, internet solutions