capabilities of Tinc?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at neenet.com
Tue Oct 19 14:12:02 CEST 2004

Hello All,

I am very new to Tinc and after much searching on the web for a possible
solution for my project, I came across Tinc which look, at least
initially, like it my do the job.

Here is a brief challenge to my project.

1.  To allow nodes to listen for connections as well as be able to make
connections to other nodes as well. (Looks like Tinc does this)
2. To easily allow the adding/removal from a dynamic network.
3. To Scale well over each node.
4. I will have, for example, 40 users. I will need to establish "groups"
such that various users (Roadwarriors) will be able to connect to a node
and talk with other users in that group who are online at that time
while not being seen by users outside the group.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Lonnie