dynamic adding of nodes

Wessel Dankers wsl at fruit.eu.org
Sun Nov 14 19:48:30 CET 2004

On 2004–11–14 12:36:21-0600, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> Based upon what you have said I can see that the other nodes B, C,
> etc... can then see the new node E.  The problem comes in for some
> reason node A is lost then now the other nodes cannot see node E any more.

So copy that hosts/E file to a few other nodes, and add a ConnectTo for
each additional node you let E connect to. If you let E connect to A, B and
C, all of those have to go down for E to be lost. You still only need to
restart E for this to take effect. A, B and C will notice and read E's host
file when E connects.

Cheers,

--
Wessel Dankers <wsl at fruit.eu.org>

“Your/our computer(s) had suffered a memory leak, and we are waiting
for them to be topped up.”