[Announcement] Version 1.0.3 released

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Fri Nov 12 11:47:20 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 07:49:00PM -0700, Jason wrote:

> Ok, here's a weird one for ya.  Remember the system that was giving me lots
> of late/replayed packet msgs?  It ("titan") is part of a multi-node vpn
> running in switch mode.  I upgraded it this morning from the subversion code
> from 2 days ago to 1.0.3.  No problems after that.  Then I upgraded a second
> host ("holden") from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3.  Suddenly those two hosts can't talk to
> each other through the vpn. ARPs from one to the other just sit incomplete.
> Sending tincd a SIGUSR2 shows that they do have a tinc-to-tinc connection
> established between them in both directions.  They can both talk to a 3rd
> host that is running an older version (not sure which ver, but its 1.0.2 or
> less).

That is very strange indeed. Can you show me the following things?

- What OS is tinc running on?
- Does the same thing happen if you use "Mode = hub" on all tincds?
- A copy of the output of tinc running with the -d5 -D options
- A copy of tinc.conf, tinc-up and hosts/*

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>