Some questions about tinc

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Tue Jan 27 17:03:25 CET 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Ricardo Lopes wrote:

> I have to install a VPN between three places (A, B, C), the A is a Windows
> 2000
> will be the VPN Server and the others are Windows98 and are the clients. B
> and C
> doesnt need to comunicate.I have the following questions and i would
> appreciate
> some help:

In my experience, tinc on unix/linux works wonderfully, but the network
performance through tinc on windows is poor.  Last I heard, 2-3 months ago,
the problem was believed to be not with tinc itself, but with the TAP-Win32
and/or CIPE virtual ethernet drivers dropping packets.  ...  Or has this
problem been identified and corrected?

Jason

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/