execute command/skript on connection?

Moritz Maisel maisel at nachtaktiv.org
Thu Jan 15 18:01:26 CET 2004

Hi all,

Is there any way to get a skript or some commands executed on
connection(!) of a host (OS is Linux)?

I'd like to set a host route on my router (my LAN server running Debian
Linux) when my notebook (Debian Linux, too) connects to it. As I
understood tinc-up is executed on startup of the tinc-daemon which
doesn't fit for me.

The hostroute is ONLY to be set if the Notebook is connected via tinc.
I think of a skript for every host or maybe a "exec_on_connect-option"
for use in "hosts/<hostname>".

Thanks for any help in advance!
Moritz
--