tinc and ipcop

ralf.petry ralf.petry at cityweb.de
Mon Jan 12 15:14:02 CET 2004

hy,
sorry, if the format of the mail looks strange, i am using a
webmail-interface...

thanks for the info; here i will have to tell a lack of experience from my
side...
my ipcop-box doesn't show the tun or ethertap device (with modinfo tun or
modinfo ethertap) and my "normal" server shows it.
so, sorry for asking one more time: is it possible to install and run tinc
on my server (i have found a document "running tinc from behind a masq
firewall..."), although this server isn't the firewall itself and eth0 only
has an adress from the local network-range?

thanks again in advance...
best regards, ralf.

Guus Sliepen wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 02:11:38PM +0100, Ralf Petry wrote:
>
>> more or less just a general question: i am running a suse linux 8.1 as
>> a server and ipcop 1.2 (and at another place ipcop 1.4) as
>> firewall/router.
>> i would like to achieve the following: allow a certain company (with
>> windows server and clients) to connect
>> to my network via vpn. where would i set up tinc? on the server or on
the
>> firewall? the server has the module tun installed, the firewall hasn't -
>> and i would not like to work on the firewalls kernel.
>
>It's your network, you can choose whereever you want to run tinc. As
>long as you make sure everything is routed correctly. If the firewall
>has the ethertap module, tinc can use that as well.
>
>--
>Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
>    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>

cityweb DSL start ab monatlich 3,49 Euro *** http://www.cityweb.de/dsl ***
Sekundenschneller Seitenaufbau, Downloads, Videos und vieles mehr. Mit
Cityweb-DSL wird der Blick auf die Uhr beim Surfen überflüssig!

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/