Multiple Networks

I.R. van Dongen vdongen at hetisw.nl
Mon Feb 23 00:51:04 CET 2004

Andreas Krause wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to achieve the following:
>
>Network 1 is running with several nodes and port 655
>Network 2 is running the same on port 655
>
>Both networks are running independently and have no connection to each
>other.
>
>My support machine (network) should connect to both networks without
>bridging them (which I can handle through the firewall). But how about
>the port definition? Can I connect e.g. to network 1 on port 666 and to
>network 2 on port 667? If so, which are they correct entries in which
>file?

This setup is currently running here, I have one box that is connected
to both of my tinc-vpns.
You basicly need to run 2 instances of tincd, both with their own port
(655 & 665 here)

the hosts-files of the node you are running 2 instances on need to look
a bit like this:

lamorak:~# cat /etc/tinc/*/hosts/lamorak
Address = x.x.x.30
Subnet = x.x.x.0/24
Port = 665
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
<some junk here>
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
Address = x.x.x.30
Subnet = x.x.x.0/24
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
MIGJAoGBAMWe7XG6W1pLIfJfIgH7/i+sN2SmeAydO82jcuiKyaQdh+bIdxAy8UbP
i0PrrZzn8gCcQ55w/0RZom09+WvkogUqsvbPX3To5t9EiE4fh89Np9icmT/ueoBn
4po1zEjt0n/YniZxxQvMf/s2hBzHsj2VWMdUlD4fvh1yh8Ew4zojAgMA//8=