Tinc not starting but not complaining either

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Mon Feb 16 08:27:00 CET 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Jussi Paju wrote:

> I compiled Tinc on other, faster machine as I do with my kernels and so
> far everything went just fine (just for clarification, compiling Tinc on
> the target machine didn't work either) but when I try to start Tinc for
> the first time, it does nothing. No messages anywhere, no errors,
> nothing. Neither side.

I assume you mean that tincd exits right away?

try running: strace tincd -n silmuvpn

and see what the last thing it is doing before exiting is.  Perhaps it is
trying to create /usr/local/var/run/tinc.tdvpns.pid but /usr/local/var/run
doesn't exist.  I believe there's a bug where it silently exits in this
case.

Jason

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/