Help with compilation problems

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at evl.uic.edu
Mon Jun 2 21:56:10 CEST 2003

Hi,
I am trying to install tinc-1.0pre8 on my RH 9.0 (kernel 2.4.20-13.9)
system. I have already installed Openssl (v0.9.7a).
When i try to run the ./configure script, it stops at the follwing check
---SNIP--
checking openssl/pem.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/pem.h... yes
checking for SHA1_version in -lcrypto... yes
checking for RAND_pseudo_bytes... yes
checking for OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms... no
checking for SSLeay_add_all_algorithms... no
configure: error: Missing required OpenSSL functionality!

I read the following on some mailing list
"
Your method of testing for the presence of OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms()
is incomplete.

Starting with 0.9.7, OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() is no longer
available as a function but as a macro, that is defined in
openssl/evp.h.
If your compilation fails with OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() being
flagged as an unresolved symbol, it means that either openssl/evp.h
is not included when using the function call or that the version of
the header files does not match your library.
"

Any work-arounds?
Shashank

--