can't ping to an internal IP through tinc's virtual interfaces

Roberto Meyer rmeyer at idr.org.ar
Tue Jul 29 23:45:13 CEST 2003

Hi.

As I wrote some days ago (It worked! [Was: my two hosts don't see each
other]) I succeeded at setting up a tinc VPN between two hosts
(isivirtual and pamvirtual)

I tried to ping from pamvirtual, the external machine, to an internal IP
of 'isivirtual' but it doesn't work. Neither 'traceroute'.
What's going on?

At 'isivirtual' routing (ip forwarding) is enabled and iptables is not
limiting traffic from virtual interfaces.

I'll begin reading about 'tcpdump' to find where packets don't flow, in
the meantime, does tinc limits somehow this kind of traffic?

TIA.

-
Roberto
Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/