Tinc Newbie question

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Thu Jan 30 15:57:24 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 01:44:08PM -0500, Andrew S. Hintz wrote:

> Well, I made the appropriate changes to my configuration files (thanks
> for pointing that out), but I still can't get any data across the
> tunnel.  Any other ideas of how I can test connectivity, or problems in
> my configuration?

Use tcpdump on both the tap interface and the real network interface to
check if packets are sent and/or received. If you have a firewall or
NAT, disable it. You can also try Mode = hup instead of switch but that
shouldn't matter at all.

You can also send us the output of the following commands:

ifconfig -a
route -n
iptables -L -v -x -n
iptables -t nat -L -v -x -n