Help with tinc over http-tunnel

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Mon Jan 27 15:40:29 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:59:11PM +0000, Ramen Sen wrote:

> My question is how to achieve http-tunnelling using tinc 1.0pre7 or
> pre8?   I'm hoping someone has managed to get this working, or knows at
> least in theory how it should work.

Add TCPOnly = yes to the host config file of the host behind the
firewall so it will only use a single TCP connection. Make sure Address
and Port point to the ones of the http tunnel server (so probably
localhost and 80). Set up the http tunnel server and client as explained
in their documentation.

There are people who use tinc with http tunnels. Perhaps they will
respond to your question as well and can help you more.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>