OpenBSD 3.2 and Release 1

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Mon Aug 4 23:23:42 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 01:56:29PM -0700, William Meloy wrote:

> I got the file that was sent to me the other day.
> Unfortunitly it did not solve
> my problems.
>
> After a lot of hacking I have been able to get release
> 1.0 to almost compile. I
> have finally gotten all of the dependancies worked out
> under OpenBSD 3.2.
>
> This next error has me stumped.  I can tell that it is
> looking for a file but
> have no idea how to create the file. This is the
> output of the the autogen
> script along with the CVS check out:
[...]
> Making /ttest/tinc/aclocal.m4 writable ...
> make: illegal option -- C

I think it goes wrong here.
Do you have GNU make installed? If not, please install it.

> config.status: error: cannot find input file:
> m4/Makefile.in

That file is generated from m4/Makefile.am.in by autogen.sh.

You could also try to download
http://tinc.nl.linux.org/packages/tinc-1.0.tar.gz and use that instead
of a CVS checkout.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>