can't ping to an internal IP through tinc's virtual interfaces

Roberto Meyer rmeyer at idr.org.ar
Fri Aug 1 01:46:26 CEST 2003

Guus Sliepen escribió:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 08:42:19PM -0300, Roberto Meyer wrote:
>
> > I increased tincd's log level and obtained the following:
> [...]
> That's not all tinc is logging. Make sure your syslogd saves it all; add
> something like this to /etc/syslogd.conf:
>
> *.*	-/var/log/all

No, at log level 2 that's all it logs.

> > If I ping from isivirtual to pamvirtual, pings from pamvirtual respond
> > for a while. After some minutes every connection from pamvirtual gets
> > stucked again.
>
> Do you have a masquerading gateway somewhere? If so, try to add "TCPOnly = yes"
> to hosts/isivirtual.

Yes, isivirtual is our NAT/Firewall/&c.

It seems "TCPOnly = yes" definetly solved the problem of pamvirtual
loosing connection to isivirtual.

What I did: kept "ConnectTo" only at isivirtual, stopped and
started both tincds, cut connection (with poff), reconnected
isivirtual to internet (via DSL) and a few seconds later
pamvirtual could ping a machine in our 192.168.144.0 intranet.

Jason, about your question, it seemed isivirtual couldn't (until know)
mantain (refresh?) the connection, so after a few seconds pamvirtual
didn't reach isivirtual. I thought it could be solved if pamvirtual
knew isivirtual's IP and tried a "ConnectTo = isivirtual'. So both hosts
would be trying to connect each other. As I wrote above, everything is
working fine now (knock, knock :-)

Thanx a lot.

-
Roberto