tinc memoryleak ?

mutombo mutombomania at gmx.de
Tue Apr 22 21:04:05 CEST 2003

At 16:48 19.03.2003 +0100, you wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 03:43:20PM +0100, mutombo wrote:
>
> > I noticed that tinc is using quite a big amount of memory after some time.
> >
> >   PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  Command
> > 11559 root       9   0  129m  73m 1092 S  0.0 39.1   0:22.06 tincd
> >
> > you can see that after 22 hours the memsize is way too big.
>
>What did you do? :)
>
>USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
>root       570  0.4  1.8  6952 1156 ?        R    Feb03 271:05
>/usr/sbin/tincd -n oi -d
>
>That's the daemon I run in a large VPN. Your configuration may be
>different though, and that could cause the memory leak. Could you send
>us your configuration files? Also, did you see any messages in the
>syslog from tinc?
>
>--
>Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
>     Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>

sorry for the late feedback, but i was a bit busy the last months not
spending much time with vpn.
the problem occours when you use the debian package tinc1.0pre8-1 with
tinc1.0pre8-3.
i didnt noticed that one box got a newer version with an apt-get update.
now using tinc1.0pre8-1 on both boxes again -->
root      9304  0.4  0.7  2628 1516 ?        S    Apr21   6:06
/usr/sbin/tincd -n muto
everything alright.

greetings ch. michallek

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/