Memory leak

Boris Sagadin boris at intera.si
Fri Apr 4 16:24:43 CEST 2003

Hello,

This morning, customer called me and said that their VPN isn't working
anymore. I have a very simple setup, with two gateways (running
tincd 1.0pre8-3 on Debian 3.0 stable), linking two subnets.

So I noticed that tincd on second gateway isn't running anymore. Checking
logs revealed:

syslog.0:Apr  4 06:04:10 gw2 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 15903
(tincd).
syslog.0:Apr  4 06:04:12 gw2 tinc.gw2[15903]: Terminating

Obviously tincd ate all the memory, and kernel killed it. Memory leak?

So, I recompiled it with a patch recommended in

http://mail.nl.linux.org/tinc/2003-03/msg00020.html

and it seems to work fine now. I suppose every Debian 3.0 installation is
affected because of this?
If this is a OpenSSL bug, someone should notify the OpenSSL developers.

Boris Sagadin

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/