TINC (vpn daemon) has stopped working after compiling kernel

Martin Rusko rusko at sunsite.mine.nu
Fri Nov 22 12:08:44 CET 2002

Carlos Sousa wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:58:51 +0100 Martin Rusko <rusko at sunsite.mine.nu> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>Step 1.) distribution kernel (2.4.18 from woody) + tinc/stable 1.0pre7-2
>>=> WORKING
>>
>>Step 2.) custom compiled kernel (2.4.18 from woody's sources) +
>>tinc/stable 1.0pre7-2 => NOT WORKING
>
> (...)
>
> Try doing a "diff -U0 .config-1 .config-2" and see what the differences
> are between the two kernel configs.
>
> HTH.

Hi Carlos,
thank you for your interest. I did what you suggested to me, but I'm not
  much smarter from that diff. ;-(

I will try to compile kernel with woody's config (config from
kernel-image-2.4.18-sun4u) and I'll see if I'm able to compile kernel
working with tinc.

Thanks again.

    Regards

           mARTin

--
Martin Rusko
PhD student
E-mail: rusko at sunsite.mine.nu
Web:    http://sunsite.mine.nu/~rusko
--
motto: We are Microsoft! Resistance is futile. Open your
        source code and prepare for assimilation.