tinc vpn over http-tunnel

Johannes Lode johannes.lode at gmx.net
Tue May 28 10:32:47 CEST 2002

Hi Guus,

I´m using tinc since 1.0pre4 (and still use pre4) - it´s a great thing.
Since these day´s a part of my VPN relies on a http-tunnel (because you
used a single TCP connection as carrier). With 1.0pre4 that was very
easy to setup using the TCPonly setting.
But with 1.0pre5 it seems you changed the carrier connection setup, so
that my old setup didn´t work anymore. In the meantime you changed more
of the protocols and possibly also the connections.
So is it possible now again to use a single http tunnel (aka a single
TCP connection) as a carrier connection between two tinc daemons?

thank you

Johnny

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/