tinc on OpenBSD

Dale L. Handy, P.E. dhandy at nitrodata.com
Mon May 13 17:46:42 CEST 2002

I attempted to compile/install tinc on a couple of OpenBSD 3.0 systems
this weekend.  When I started the daemon, it expected to find the
configuration files in /usr/local/etc/tinc/company, instead of
/etc/tinc/company.  I thought I would humor it and move the files to
that location.  It then complained that it could not "open or create
/usr/local/var/run/tinc.company.pid".

Is there a particular reason it is trying to recreate the root directory
at the /usr/local level?

I have not gone digging through the sources yet, but will start in just
a few minutes.  Thanks for your help!

--
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for."

-- Dale L. Handy, P.E.
   Nitro Data Systems, Inc.
   dhandy at nitrodata.com

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/