Bugs in 1.0pre5

MAYER sebastien.mayer at dg.tati.fr
Mon Feb 25 16:00:03 CET 2002

Hello,

I set up a tinc vpn network with tinc 1.0pre5 on Mandrake 8.1

Please take note of the following troubles i noticed

1) In the config files, the name of the variables are case sensitive
2) the BindToInterface seems to be faulty. I removed the line, now
everything work, except the security aspect..
3) I HAD to add a Subnet=<full address of the local tinc device> in
the
hosts file, or i get a message : cannot route packet to < address of
the
distant tinc device (set up in tinc-up with ifconfig)> on the other
side.

Thanks for all this good work anyway, congratulations too !

Sébastien

Answer to sebastien.mayer at dg.tati.fr
Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/