1.0pre3 difficulties

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Wed Jan 10 13:08:54 CET 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 08:18:07PM -0600, Jason Ostermann wrote:

> Was running 1.0pre2 just fine, but had to move machines, so I figgured
> I'd give 1.0pre3 a try.
> After getting everything to build and figguring out the new config
> files, here's where I'm stuck.
>
> Start the server process (remote machine).
> Start the client process (local machine).
> In remote machine, the following shows up in syslog: tinc[2659]: Got
> SEGV signal
> In local machine, the following shows up in syslog: tinc[21049]:
> Metadata socket read error for Srv (1.2.3.4): No such process

The error in the local machine is perfectly normal, it tells that the remote
tincd has shutdown improperly (because of the SEGV). However, in order to
determine the cause of the segmentation fault, could you show the lines in the
syslog preceding the SEGV notice? And indeed, it would help if we could see
the configuration files.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/