Urgent: unknown ID / metadata socket error

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Sat Feb 24 23:02:08 CET 2001

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:00:50PM -0800, stnick wrote:

> Please help, I need to get this working *today* (ack!).  I've installed
> tinc 1.0p3 on two machines fully updated rh7, "stockton" and "lodi",
> where "lodi" is trying to "ConnectTo" "stockton".  When I start the tinc
> daemens on each side, this is what i get in my logs:
[...]
> I'm presuming this is bad ;-).  Pings etc., don't go across the
> network/VPN, so there is definitely no tinc connection between the two
> servers.  Ideas?!?  I will be logged into aim as "dumb0x" (that's a
> zero) if any kind soul out there is willing to take me on one-on-on, and
> I'll watch the lists.

We don't aim, we irc, so if you want to chat, please join irc.openprojects.net
#tinc, my nick is "guus".

To help you I really need to see your tinc config files, and preferably a
cut&paste of the output of ipchains or iptables, ifconfig, route and uname -a.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/