Please, help

Ivo Timmermans zarq at spark.icicle.yi.org
Wed Feb 21 03:11:42 CET 2001

The proper place to ask such questions would be tinc at nl.linux.org
(Cc'd).

> The problem is:
>
> I've built a vpn using tinc, and, to my best knowledge,
> I can see a ping from the other side on tap0 using tcpdump.
> ( on both sides the pakets arrive at lat to tap0 )
>
> So I consider the vpn is up.
>
> But, how can I send the packets I get in tap0 to the appropiate host
> ?

You can do that by setting up the appropriate firewall rules, you
could do (with kernel 2.2):

  ipchains -A forward -s 10.10.0.0/16 -d 10.20.0.0/16 -b -j ALLOW

[untested], which should forward traffic between 10.10.* and 10.20.*.
Be sure to have your routes right, and everything will work as
expected.

	Ivo

--
Pooky, you sure know how to spoil a good bad mood!
	-- Garfield