Configuration Trouble

Steve Halasz skh2 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 27 21:22:51 CET 2000

Thank you! It is working fine now. So now I have some new questions.
Currently I have a linux box masquerading for a windows computer using
netfilter with the 2.4.0test kernel. That looks kind of like this:

    Internet

       | eth0 (DHCP w/pump)
.-----------.
| RH Linux  |
| 2.4.0test |
`-----------'
       | eth1 (192.168.0.1)
       |
       | 192.168.0.2
.-----------.
| Windows   |
`-----------'

What I would like to do is have the windows box be just like it was on the
windows network at work by routing everything through the tinc tunnel. So
if the work network is 1.2.3.0, my windows computer would have an IP of
1.2.3.101. I would prefer not to NAT the connection, and I would like to
continue masquerading for other computers. What I have is something like this:

1.2.3.0 Network at work

       | eth0 (1.2.3.100)
.--------.
| Debian |
| Linux  |
`--------'
       | tap0 (10.2.0.1)

    Internet

       | tap0 (10.1.0.1)
.-----------.
| RH Linux  |
| 2.4.0test |
`-----------'
       | eth1 (192.168.0.1)
       |
       | 1.2.3.101
.-----------.
| Windows   |
`-----------'

I have tried to proxy arp the the 1.2.3.101 address on the debian box with:
ip address add 1.2.3.101 dev eth0
or
arp -i eth0 -Ds 1.2.3.101 eth0 pub

But I don't how to set up the routing to make it work. Or even if it is
possible to make it work. Or if there is a better way altogether.

Thanks for you help,
Steve Halasz

-
Tinc site:    http://ftp.nl.linux.org/pub/linux/tinc/