Almost ...

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Wed May 24 13:08:51 CEST 2000

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Matthijs Hoosemans wrote:

> I have used tinc to get a vpn up and running I am almost there but have some
> problems at the end.

What version are you using?

> My config:
[...]
> both networks are in the routing table (with the gateways 10.0.0.31 and
> 10.2.0.155).

(What I'm going to say now is for the 1.0pre2 versions.)

For tinc, the tapdevice must have netmask 255.0.0.0. You don't need to
specify gateways in your routing table, tinc will handle that. Add
"VpnMask=255.0.0.0" to the tinc.conf files on both tinc gateways. The IP
address of the tap device is allowed to have the same IP as the real
ethernet interface of the gateways by the way.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Guus Sliepen.

-
Tinc site:    http://ftp.nl.linux.org/pub/linux/tinc/