VPN Question

Ivo Timmermans zarq at spark.icicle.yi.org
Wed Aug 2 23:16:16 CEST 2000

can wrote:
> Dear,
>    I need to use VPN on Linux, slackware 7 kernel 2.2.13 and Redhat 6.2 kernel 2.2.16. And I found Tinc. Before I decide to install Tinc, could you answer my questions?

yes.

>         1. Can Tinc work on those platforms, slackware and redhat?

yes.

>         2. Can Tinc be installed on both sides, VPN server and VPN client? or only use for server.

yes.

>         3. I need to modify some code. If I have some question, could you support me?

yes.

> Thank you very much

You're welcome.

Seriously, tinc is, in a way, both server and client.  It depends on
how you configure your network which one can actually be called the
`server' or the `client' side.  Then the only apparent difference is
which side commences a connection.

And as for the code, sure.  What kind of modifications do you need?

--
Ivo Timmermans