Hardware Progress - consolidated files

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 00:33:01 CET 2018

On 15 February 2018 at 00:56, E Jonsen <e_jonsen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm also looking for a small distro that will run without trying to check
> the emmc at startup. It's to try to fix up another TCM that has a corrupt
> Windoze filesystem. If possible, I'd wipe it clean, then reinstall from
> scratch. A topic for another time, perhaps.

​Have a look at Slitaz, a very interesting distro that's entirely RAM based.

BTW, once you've used Microsoft's own tool to make a recovery USB thumb
drive, you can copy the files off and reuse the drive, since it's all UEFI
there's no magic boot sectors or anything. I can provide a copy of the
files if you want to restore Windows on a TCM to W8.1.