Hardware Progress

E Jonsen e_jonsen at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:49:52 CET 2018

Hot Off The Press... Bluetooth is now working! 😃

I don't quite know how, apart from sheer perseverance and bloody mindedness.

It's running on kernel 4.14.18, so far though I actually thought it was going to boot 4.15. :-/

I think that the key element was to manually add our BT device to the rkill driver, as I now see quite a few dmesg notifications including rfkill2, which didn't previous exist.

I'll review the steps to reproduce and currently I've only ran it direct from a respun Mint ISO. I'll also strip out the 4.15 kernel to reduce the size ISO, then perhaps return to that version later.

I had tried Fedora Workstation 17 and interestingly it displayed similar ACPI errors, with regards to the batteries, so that's reduced some of my concerns. Fedora didn't have a working bluetooth by default, though wi-fi worked immediately. Additionally, it looks as though the Elan tweak is required to get the keybaord/mouse working on Fedora.

I managed to send a photo from my Android phone to the TCM and more importantly pair my Elecom Caplink mouse with no trouble.

Testing so far has just been direct from a USB pendrive. I now need to replace my existing emmc instalation, without breaking stuff. :-s

If someone is desperate to have a try, then the ISO resides in 'untested' at http://toshibaclick.info/files but expect the ISO to change at some point. I'll post up the debs too, once I've checked a few things.