Hardware Progress

E Jonsen e_jonsen at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 00:32:14 CET 2018

Just discovered this, from a xda forum thread..

I have a Teclast X80H, Z3735F Atom, 2 GByte RAM, 32 GByte eMMC, RTL8723BS WLAN/BT chip. I could make BT work on it under linux, there were two things necessary:
- Adding the device ID in rfkill-gpio.c:
Code:

static const struct acpi_device_id rfkill_acpi_match[] = {
+       { "OBDA8723", RFKILL_TYPE_BLUETOOTH },
        { "BCM4752", RFKILL_TYPE_GPS },
        { "LNV4752", RFKILL_TYPE_GPS },
        { },

and making sure that the rfkill-gpio module is compiled (e.g. debian has RFKILL_GPIO as not set by default). The first character of the device id is a capital o, not a zero.

- Getting the rtl8723bs_bt<https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bs_bt> driver from github, compiling it, installing it. It uploads the firmware necessary for BT to work. BT is actually running through a serial port, and one has to find out which one is the correct one by trying.

Windoze 10 allocates COM3, so /dev/ttyS2 would seem a reasonable starting point, should someone try this before I can. ;-)