Hardware Progress

E Jonsen e_jonsen at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:41:31 CET 2018

I've built a custom kernel on 4.14.15 and things are looking promising, though still no bluetooth.

Things that work:
wifi
screen brightness control
battery monitoring
keyboard/mousepad
touchscreen

sound (speakers)

tablet buttons    <---- Menu & volume

Things that are producing some output errors.

bluetooth

a camera!  <---

ov2722 i2c-808633FB:00: camera pdata: port: 0 lanes: 1 order: 0000000

Note that I have paired down some functionality in the kernel, including virtualisation - a TCM running virtualbox=no thanks! There are a number of ACPI errors, likely related to the choices that I've made. I also need to reduce the number of TTYs that are built. I note that the mouse is identified as SIS0817:00 0457:10FB - might be of use to get multitouch.

Running Linux Mint Cinnamon with Hi-DPI setting, which could do with some tweaking to reduce the scaling by a few percent.

Boot time: 29 seconds, from grub screen to desktop with internet connectivity.

The Debian kernel files and system information/logs can be found here:

http://toshibaclick.info/files/