new kernel 4.12.0-rc2

Robert John Small robert at robertsmall.org
Thu May 25 13:26:42 CEST 2017

So, installed the new kernel this morning to give it a quick test and
see if Paul just got lucky or what...

He didn't. This is an insanely more featured and stable kernel. Really,
try it.

Things it does:
- Backlight
- Suspend/resume (systemctl suspend then the power button to resume)
- Keyboard
- Touchpad
- Better than stock stability (give it a few days for us to tickle the
bug a bit more and we can upgrade that a bit I hope)
- Stable wireless

Things it doesn't (do):
- Scrolling on the touchpad
- Touchscreen after suspend/resume sequence
- Make coffee
- Audio (regression :( )

I also noticed some additional start up errors but they were gone too
fast to see what they were about.

Thanks,
Robert Small.