new kernel 4.12.0-rc2

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed May 24 21:17:27 CEST 2017

I can't seem to make sound work, quite possibly my alsa mixer state is
all mixed up! If anyone else gets it to work, please shout.

It's looking good so far, wifi seems robust (bad signs are when
there's poor and variable latency). I was able to run x11vnc and
remote control the main display (not a virtual frame buffer) without
untoward effects.

Uptime so far 17 minutes and climbing.

I'm hoping I can finally advance beyond kernel 4.5.7-jbpm1, the kernel
I always fall back to when all the others have proved unstable.