Installation on microsd

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sat Aug 26 14:08:58 CEST 2017

Le samedi 26 août 2017 à 12:26 +0200, Marek Handze a écrit :
> Thanks guys. I was able to split windows partition and now I have Linux
> installed on eMMC.
> I still need to use OnScreen keyboard and now I'm moving to Linux
> tweaks. Few questions:
>
> 1. Where can I find patched kernel or patches that I can apply to make
> working keyboard/touchpad/sound ? As I see only those 3 elements are off
> now.

Check the ML archive for Paul Mansfield's kernels and Wessel Dankers'
shot at the latest.
https://www.zaurus.org.uk/download/toshiba_click_mini_l9w/
https://www.fruit.je/download/click/patches/

I compiled mine and tweaked a few things to get brightness control to
work without patching userland.
Check the full thread "new kernel 4.12.0-rc2", which contains lots of
details.
I didn't try to make sound work, but it still may be more than just
kernel patches (ALSA userland config files, or more...).

> 2. It's seems like suspending to memory just freeze system and hard
> reset is needed after. Is it fixable for now ?

Suspend to RAM is highly unreliable, and I wasn't able to make suspend
to disk work (I didn't dig far enough).

> 3. Do you have any good solution for right click after touch screen
> press for 2-3 secs ? The option built in Ubuntu (Simulatd Secondary
> Click) doesn't work well for me.

I don't use the touch-screen, but it seems to be much better with 4.12
then with earlier kernels.

Happy hacking !

--
Nicolas Huillard