[hadess/rtl8723bs] Kernel patch links don't work (#121)

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Tue Apr 11 11:54:21 CEST 2017

Le lundi 10 avril 2017 à 22:47 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> I built kernel 4.11.0-rc6, plain vanilla, in case anyone wants to try
> it out. It's in the usual place, along with the wifi driver and kernel
> config.

Many thanks Paul. I just installed it and turned off max_cstate. I'm
still using the USB Wifi adapter though.
If I understand correctly, the main remaining (for my usage) problems
are :
* patching for the keyboard
* simple mouse emulation mode only (touchpad)
* backlight control
Other than that :
* stable X and SDIO usage
* low CPU power usage (leaving the backlight as the main battery drain)
* I don't really need the cameras or touchscreen (Gnome is not really
meant for touchscreen)
There is still some systemd config to prevent going to sleep (inverted
lid contact, IIRC).

--
Nicolas Huillard